Tenorio River Whitewater Rafting
Experience an amazing ride through the rainforest for 2.5 hours on the Tenorio River viewing wildlife while on the adventure of a lifetime! Great for beginners as well, this is sure to give you an adrenaline rush you won’t forget.
Costa Rica is well known as the whitewater rafting capital of the world due to its abundant raging rivers and thriving adventure attitude. You won’t want to miss out on this quintessential Costa Rican activity while you’re at the beach. Go rafting rain or shine, you’re going to get wet anyway!
Hotel Pick up
You will be picked up from your hotel and journey two hours to Canas, where you will prepare for your adventure. You will then load into a 4×4 and be taken 30 minutes to the launch point on Tenorio River
Rafting down Tenorio River
Experience rafting 12 kilometers (2 – 2.5 hours depending on river level & time of year) of the Tenorio River, passing through sections which are dominated by over 22 class III-IV whitewater rapids.. During the smoother sections, take a look around at the lush, forested scenery and try to spot tropical birds perched high in the trees the opportunity to see plenty of other wildlife along the way such as iguanas and monkeys.. This unique rafting tour finishes with the thrilling 12-foot waterfall drop called “Cascabel Falls.”
When you arrive to the end of your exciting rafting journey at our private river exit, do a quick hike to the 4×4 vehicle to drive out of this isolated, unspoiled region of Costa Rica, and then head back to to the tour base in Canas.
Costa Rica Style Lunch
After arriving back to the tour base, you’ll then be treated to a delicious Costa RIca Style lunch called a Casado with rice, beans, salad, plantains, and choice of protien. Dietary restrictions can be accommodated. You will be able to use the changing rooms before heading on your way to your hotel in time for a glorious Pacific sunset.
- 2 person minimum, if you are a single traveler, contact us to see which dates are open
- You can rent a Go Pro from us for $40/day – option available at checkout
- We operate this tour rain or shine!
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- In effort to eliminate single use plastic bottles on our tours, please bring a reusable water bottle. We have large water containers to refill them. We will provide one for you if you do not have one!
- You may cancel free of charge up to 48 hours before start of the tour.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours before the start of the tour will be subject to a 100% cancellation charge. Extreme cases are taken into consideration.
Departure/Return LocationLa Oveja Negra Surf Club
Departure Time7:00 AM
Return Time5:00 PM
Dress CodeClothes that can get wet, secure shoes that can get wet, change of clothes, sunscreen, insect repellent, reusable water container
IncludedGuideHotel Pick up & Drop OffLunchWater