Tamarindo Surf Lessons – Shared
Your certified surf instructor will coach you step by step on how to stand up on a surfboard and start flying on water! We will customize your Tamarindo surf lesson based on your current skill level and focus on balance, popping up, stance, and reading waves. Your lesson will be with a small group, no more than 4 people per instructor.
Your certified surf instructor will coach you step by step on how to stand up on a surfboard and start flying on water! We will customize your Tamarindo surf lesson will focus on the following techniques:
- Popping up
- Board Position
- Reading Waves
You will meet with your instructor and be given a rashguard and surfboard. After practicing popping up on the board on land, you will learn to paddle out into the waves! Your instructor will help you catch the waves while you paddle coach you through standing up on the board. After you get accustomed to getting up on the board, you will focus more on your stance and balance on the board as you fly over the water!
Surf Lesson is dependent on the tide, your time and meeting place will be given in your confirmation
Tamarindo, Costa Rica is a world renowned surf location, made famous for the movie The Endless Summer. There are almost always great waves, but not too big, perfect for learning to surf. Whether this is your first time on a surfboard or you have some experience and want to work on your technique, our lessons are guaranteed to improve your skills. Our 2 hour lessons are taught by locals that have been surfing in Costa Rica for nearly their entire lives, so you will get the best insight there is in Tamarindo.
Shared Lessons: $35
Meet at La Oveja Negra Surf Club at time given upon confirmation. Surf lesson time is dependent on the tide.
If you are not in the Tamarindo area and need round trip transportation, we can arrange that for you: Hotel pickup and drop-off – we pick up from the following areas for a surcharge:
- JW Marriott, Playa Grande, Playa Conchal, Playa Flamingo ($60 extra)
- Hotel RIU Guanacaste, RIU Palace, Playa Ocotal, Playas del Coco, Playa Hermosa, Occidental Papagayo, Secrets Papagayo, Mangroove ($120 extra)
- We operate lessons rain or shine! If weather is severe, we may cancel and you will be given a refund or you may reschedule
- Bring sunscreen, towel, bathing suit
- You may cancel free of charge up to 24 hours before start of the lesson.
- Cancellations less than 24 hours before the start of the lesson will be subject to a 100% cancellation charge. Extreme cases are taken into consideration.
Departure/Return LocationLa Oveja Negra Surf Club - Round Trip Transportation can be requested for an additional fee
Departure TimeLesson Times Dependent on Tides
Dress CodeBathing Suit, Towel, Sunscreen
Tamarindo, Costa Rica