Palo Verde Boat Safari
A 2 hour boat safari on the Tempisque River bordering Palo Verde National Park viewing a vast array of wildlife such as iguanas, crocodiles, monkeys, and many species of birds. After a plentiful Costa Rican style meal, we will visit the Guaitil Pottery village that is famous throughout Costa Rica and the rest of Central America for its pre-Columbian Chorotega style.
Hotel Pick up
You will be picked up from your hotel journey one hour through the back roads of Guanacaste’s Sabanero (Cowboy Country) Province to Palo Verde National Park.
2 Hour Boat Safari on Tempisque River
After a scenic guided drive, you will then hope into your boat and spend 2 hours on the Tempique River that borders the Palo Verde National Park, best known for its murky water and spectacular wetlands. Your naturalist guide will help to spot wildlife in the dry forest vegetation and mangroves. There are over 600 different species of birds, both local and migratory. Appropriately, this tour is a real treat for bird watchers, as you’ll have the chance of spotting a wide range of fowl that includes storks, egrets, spoonbills, grebes and more. Also be on the lookout for monkeys, iguanas, scarlet macaws, anteaters, crocodiles and caimans, which can often be seen lingering along the banks of the river.
Costa Rica Style Lunch
After your boat safari, you will be taken to eat a plentiful Costa Rican style meal called a Casado with rice, beans, salad, plantains, choice of meat, and more. Dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
Guaitil Pottery Village
Before heading back, we will visit the Guaitil Pottery village that is famous throughout Costa Rica and the rest of Central America for its pre-Columbian Chorotega style. They will show you how they make the pottery and there is an opportunity to buy some if you like!
- 2 person minimum, if you are a single traveler, contact us to see which dates are open
- You can rent a Go Pro from us for $40/day – option available at checkout
- We operate this tour rain or shine!
- In effort to eliminate single use plastic bottles on our tours, please bring a reusable water bottle. We have large water containers to refill them. We will provide one for you if you do not have one!
- You may cancel free of charge up to 48 hours before start of the tour.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours before the start of the tour will be subject to a 100% cancellation charge. Extreme cases are taken into consideration.
Departure/Return LocationLa Oveja Negra Surf Club
Departure Time7:00 AM
Return Time2:00 PM
Dress CodeComfortable shoes and clothes, rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, camera, reusable water container
IncludedGuideHotel Pick up & Drop OffLunchWater
Palo Verde National Park