Monteverde Cloud Forest
Take a trip out the thick of the rainforest in Monteverde. Here you can zipline through the clouds on a course that is 2 miles long and includes a Tarzan swing. After this exhilarating experience and a hearty lunch, take your time and walk through the clouds on the notorious hanging bridges, walking on eight different bridges with various lengths ranging between 150 feet up to 510 feet.
Hotel Pick up
After pick up from your hotel, you will stop for coffee and/or breakfast, you will be driven 3.5 hours to Monteverde Cloud Forest
Monteverde is privileged to receive a steady supply of clouds and the life-giving moisture that they contain. This moisture, often in the form of fog, catches on the branches of the tallest trees and drips down to the other organisms below. This helps to support a complex and far-reaching ecosystem, one that harbors over 100 species of mammals, 400 species of birds, tens of thousands of insect species, and over 2,500 varieties of plants, 420 of which are orchids alone.
2.5 hour course of high adventure canopy ziplining that includes rappelling, tarzan swing, and the superman cable that is 1 KILOMETER LONG and 180 METERS HIGH looking into the beautiful valleys of the Monteverde Cloud Forest. We will start by harnessing you with all the appropriate equipment after which your guides will lecture you on all the safety procedures to enjoy this amazing adventure. You will then be flying through 15 cables and 18 platforms with an optional Tarzan Swing at the end of the adventure. The zipline tour usually takes between 2.5 and 3 hours and can be done by adventurers from ages 4 and older.
Costa Rican Lunch
After your ziplining adventure, you will be treated to a plentiful Costa Rican style lunch at the lodge.
The Tree Top Walkways consist of a 1.9 mile (approximately 3 kilometer) trail that crosses through the Monteverde Cloud Forest. Here visitors will walk on eight different bridges with various lengths ranging between 150 feet (50 meters) up to 510 feet (170 meters) and altitudes ranging between 36 feet (12 meters) up to 180 feet (60 meters). Each bridge has a width of five feet, the widest bridges in Costa Rica, and also a capacity of up to 80 people per bridge making them both the longest and strongest bridge systems in the Monteverde Cloud Forest. The Tree Top Walkways are suitable for people of all ages. The duration of the hike usually takes between 1.5 and 2 hours.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- 2 person minimum, if you are a single traveler, contact us to see which dates are open
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- You can rent a Go Pro from us for $40/day – option available at checkout
- We operate this tour rain or shine!
- In effort to eliminate single use plastic bottles on our tours, please bring a reusable water bottle. We have large water containers to refill them. We will provide one for you if you do not have one!
- You may cancel free of charge up to 48 hours before start of the tour.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours before the start of the tour will be subject to a 100% cancellation charge. Extreme cases are taken into consideration.
Departure/Return LocationLa Oveja Negra Surf Club
Departure Time6:00 AM
Return Time6:00 PM
Dress CodeComfortable walking shoes and clothes for warm/sunny & cooler/rainy weather, rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, change of clothes, camera, reusable water container
IncludedGuideHotel Pick up & Drop OffLunchWater
Monteverde Cloud Forest