Costa Rica Covid 19 Updates & FAQ
Last Update: November 21, 2021
La Oveja Tamarindo Flexible Cancellation Policy
All surf camps, accommodations, tours and shuttles now have a 24 hour cancellation policy, so if you need to cancel your trip or change dates, there is no penalty!
Covid 19 Sanitary Measures
- We’re sanitizing all communal spaces, working areas, and swimming pools according to the health department’s regulations. That means particular attention to ‘high-touch’ points like buttons,
- High traffic areas regularly sanitized – handrails, door handles, locks, faucets, counter surfaces, etc.
- Shared toilets, faucets, and sinks will undergo thorough disinfection 3 times a day.
- Sanitation stations are set up throughout all of our common areas.
- When you check-in, you’ll be able to opt-in or out of housekeeping services. Housekeeping will wear full protective clothing (PPE) at all times.
- Contactless Check In and limited use of cash if possible.
Bar & Restaurant
- Our tables will be spaced 6 feet (2 meters) apart from one another.
- Staff is required to wear masks at all times and regularly sanitize their hands.
Surf Camp, Tours & Shuttles
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Who Can Enter Costa Rica?
As of Nov. 1: All countries and U.S. states allowed into Costa Rica
Official Costa Rica Covid 19 Government Announcements:
US Embassy Website: https://cr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
Costa Rica Covid 19 Entry Requirements
- Fill out the electronic epidemiological HEALTH PASS form, available at https://salud.go.cr.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you will be required to purchase health insurance for the length of your stay.
- Traveler’s Medical Insurance – international or purchased in Costa Rica through the National Insurance Institute (INS – Instituto Nacional de Seguros) https://www.grupoins.com/seguroparaviajeros, or Sagicor https://www.tiendasagicor/en.
For international insurance policies, tourists must request a certification from their insurance company, issued in English or Spanish, verifying at least the following three conditions:
- Effectiveness of the policy during the visit to Costa Rica
- Guaranteed coverage of medical expenses in the event of becoming ill with the pandemic COVID 19 virus while in Costa Rica, for at least USD $50,000 (fifty thousand United States Dollars)
- Includes minimum coverage of USD $2,000 for lodging expenses issued as a result of the pandemic (This requirement is under review but still stands until further notice)
Costa Rica Covid 19 Sanitary Regulations
- Currently the use of a mask is mandatory in all public enclosed spaces including supermarkets, buses, shops, etc. The mask must cover your mouth and nose, face shields are not acceptable unless accompanied with the mask.